Cambodia is a beautiful country with full of majestic wonders and interesting things to do that cannot find in nowhere else. The famous Angkor complex along with the stunning islands and beaches and that is too enough for a perfect trip, right? Whether you travel alone or with family, Cambodia will bring you a lot of exciting experiences. Let’s find out top 5 unmissable attractions and things to do in this country.
Referring to Cambodia’s tourism, travelers often immediately think about two major cities are Phnom Penh and Siem Reap but ignore Kampot – a very beautiful and peaceful city that preserves many French colonial architectural works. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities, Kampot is a great choice. The best time to visit Kampot is from November to February next year when the weather stays cool, not too hot and less rain.
Experiences not to be missed in Kampot:
- Spend one day exploring Kep. Kep is also a coastal town, about 25km from Kampot where features the most beaches in Cambodia. From Kep, you can take a boat tour to visit the surrounding islands.
- Watch the movie marathon at Ecran Movie House, a popular movie café shop for backpackers. The movie rooms is quite spacious, you have to pay only about 2,5 USD for as many movies as you like, it is too cheap for you.
- Visit Bokor National Park – a beautiful French colonial buildings in Cambodia.
Similar to Kampot, Battambang is another peaceful city of Cambodia that totally different from the bustling atmosphere in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap. Although Battambang is the second largest city in Cambodia, there are not many attractive tourist destinations located in here. However, if you want to find a quiet and fresh place to relax, this city is not a bad ideal.
Things you can do:
- Riding bamboo train: is an interesting thing to do and a highlight of Battambang if you are a rail enthusiast or just wanting to experience something a little unusual.
- Visit Phare Ponleu Selpak circus and watch the attractive performances such as balancing on string, juggling, etc.
- Discover the exotic hotels and cafes such as Jaan Bai, Lotus Bar and Gallery, Kinyei Tree Café and Choco L’Art Café.
Located on the south of Cambodia in the Gulf of Thailand, approximately 240 kilometers from the Phnom Penh capital, Sihanoukville is the youngest cities in Cambodia. Sihanoukville owns many beautiful beaches surrounding the city, including Victory Beach, Lams Beach, Koh Pos Beach, Independence Beach, Sokha Beach, Serendipity Beach, Ochheuteal Beach and Otres Beach. Sihanoukville is also known as the best place to see the sunset in Cambodia.
Activities you should try:
- Visit Otres Market and Psar Leu to explore more the daily life of locals in here
- Lie on the beach: Sihanoukville offers many beaches for you choose, however, it will be better if you go to the islands off the city such as Koh Rong Samloem, Koh Rong, Koh Ta Kiev or Koh Totang.
- Participate in lively parties – specialties of Sihanoukville.
Phnom Penh is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Cambodia and Southeast Asia. Traveling to Phnom Penh, you will have chance to visit many famous sights such as Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, National Museum, Wat Phnom and Killing Field. Other attractions you can visit are the ancient capital of Oudong, Angkor ruins at Phnom Chisor, Phnom Da, Tonle bati ecotourism, etc.
Exciting experiences in Phnom Penh:
- Discover the famous markets in Phnom Penh: Central Market (Phsar Thmei) and Russian Market (Phsar Tuol Tom Pong). These are two most crowded and largest markets in here where you can buy everything from local handicrafts to clothes,…
- Visit Royal Palace and Silver pagoda where you can learn about the luxury life of Cambodian Royal families.
Your trip in Cambodia would not be completed without visiting Siem Reap. Besides the famous Angkor complex, Siem Reap is also home to busy markets and the most exciting nightlife spots in Cambodia.
Unmissable things to do:
- Learn more traditional Khmer Culture by watching the Apsara dance show
- Visit floating villages in Kompong Khleange and taste local specialties
- Explore Pub Street.
Read more attractions and travel guides in Cambodia, please visit our website. Hope that with all information above, you will have a perfect trip in Cambodia. Thank you!